Benefits of Emsella for Urinary Incontinence Q&A
Dr. Dunbar treats urinary incontinence along with vaginal laxity with FDA-approved Emsella. For more information, call us or book an appointment online. We are located at 899 Embarcadero Drive, Suite 1, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762.
Table of Contents:
With age, the muscles that control bladder functions begin to weaken, which can result in urinary incontinence. Urinary incontinence is a broad term that refers to any incontinence caused by a problem with the bladder and the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder to outside the body. Most incontinence is caused by muscles that are too weak, called bladder weakness. For most people, going to the bathroom is an entirely routine and stress-free experience, but for people with urinary incontinence, it can be stressful and even embarrassing. Fortunately, there are treatments that can help increase bladder muscle strength and reduce the symptoms of incontinence, or even cure the condition completely.
Emsella is a painless, non-invasive treatment for urinary incontinence; it has proven to be highly effective in ameliorating the symptoms of this condition. With over 25 million Americans living with urinary incontinence, Emsella addresses a very common need. In 54 percent of cases, women with undiagnosed incontinence report a loss of self-confidence, which supports the importance of Emsella treatments.
Emsella is a procedure that does not involve any incisions, invasive methods, or medications to achieve its results. During the procedure, the patient sits in a chair that emits a high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) wave; this creates supramaximal contractions within the pelvic floor muscles. This is similar to Kegels, and while Kegels can help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, Emsella is superior in its efficiency and effectiveness. These supramaximal contractions are delivered by the thousands during a short session of Emsella; thirty minutes is equivalent to doing over 10,000 Kegels!
By targeting weakened muscles within the pelvic floor, Emsella improves bladder control and reduces incontinence. Some patients see immediate results, while others achieve the greatest benefit from having multiple sessions. In any situation, Emsella has an extremely high satisfaction rate: 95 percent of individuals who choose Emsella see an improvement in their urinary continence symptoms.
Emsella treatment offers many benefits, including:
• Does not require any form of surgery
• Reduces urinary and fecal incontinence
• Improves quality of life
• Improves sexual performance
• Strengthens pelvic floor muscles
• Much more effective than Kegels
• Does not have any downtime
• No recovery period
• Minimal side effects (muscle stiffness/soreness)
• Avoids potential complications and side effects associated with alternative treatments for incontinence such as medications or surgery
The number of Emsella treatments needed is different for each patient and depends on several factors, including:
• The condition being treated
• The severity of the condition being treated
• The condition’s complexity and chronicity
• The patient’s desired outcomes
For most patients, it is recommended to receive six sessions in total, with two sessions a week for three weeks, to achieve the best results. However, an experienced clinician can determine the exact number of sessions needed to achieve the desired results, which can be discussed at the initial consultation.
The ideal candidates for Emsella are:
• Men and women of any age who wish to strengthen their pelvic floor muscles
• Those who experience some type of incontinence, including stress, urge, or mixed
• People who wish to improve their sexual performance, especially when issues are caused by weakened pelvic floor muscles
• Those who do not want to undergo invasive procedures to ameliorate their incontinence
• Those who cannot commit to regular Kegel exercises or want to benefit from results sooner
If you are experiencing urinary incontinence, come to Northern California Wellness for professional care and treatment. We look forward to serving you! call us today to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 899 Embarcadero Drive, Suite 1, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762. We serve El Dorado Hills CA, Folsom CA, Clarksville CA, Cameron Park CA, Granite Bay CA, Alder Creek CA, and Orangevale CA.