3 Questions to Ask Your Lip Fillers Specialist
Lip fillers restore volume and improve overall size, shape and symmetry of the lips without the need for surgery. Enhance your lips with lip filler treatment at Northern California Wellness. Call us or visit us online to book an appointment. We are located at 899 Embarcadero Drive, Suite 1, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762.
Table of Contents:
The lips are one of the most sought-after features; they embody sultriness, beauty, and youth, all encapsulated within an irresistible form. Lips are often the first feature one notices about another; they are the doors of breath and play an invaluable role in communication. There are dozens of different types of makeup specifically designed for the lips, including lipsticks, lipliners, lip glosses, and lip stains. One of the most popular places for dermal fillers is the lips, which can add a more natural and voluptuous appearance.
Lip filler consultations are different for each client, but they often follow the same process, which involves:
• Reviewing medical history
• Reviewing the type of filler and area it will be administered
• Reviewing the suitability of the client for the specific procedure they are requesting
• Determining potential side effects, risks, and contraindications
• A client-clinician discussion about the reasons for receiving the lip fillers
In most cases, a lip filler consultation serves as a discovery meeting, allowing the clinician to get to know their client and the reasons they want to undergo the specific treatment they have requested. Dr. Dunbar will go over any possible contraindications and will review the client’s medical history to make sure that they do not encounter any unforeseen challenges.
In order to reduce the amount of bruising and swelling at the injection site, when preparing for lip fillers, it is recommended to follow these guidelines:
One Week Prior to Lip Injections
• Avoid blood-thinning over-the-counter medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen (acetaminophen may be OK, if approved by a physician).
• Avoid supplements, including Vitamin E, primrose oil, ginkgo biloba, garlic, ginseng, and St. John’s Wort.
2 Days Prior to Injections
• Avoid topical products including glycolic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinoids, or any anti-aging products.
• Avoid using hair removal cream, tweezing, plucking, waxing, sugaring, or bleaching on the area to be treated.
• To help reduce bruising at the site of injection, it may be recommended to take Arnica two days prior to the procedure, which is a plant-based medicine used to treat bruising.
24 Hours Prior to Injections
• Do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior.
• For patients that have a history of facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to a breakout of cold sores; please let the physician know if cold sores are possible.
• Dermal fillers are not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, for people allergic to any ingredients in the injections, or for those who suffer from neurological disorders. Please inform the clinician about any potential concerns or questions about this procedure prior to the treatment.
• No dental work for at least two weeks following the procedure, as it could interfere with the results.
Lip fillers are administered to a sensitive and highly active area of the body, so special care must be taken after receiving lip fillers. This includes:
• Do not do any strenuous exercise
• Avoid high temperature rooms
• Do not drink alcohol
• Stop smoking
• Do not drink through a straw
• Avoid putting on makeup
• Do not fly for at least a week
• Avoid spicy foods and hot drinks
Northern California Wellness is dedicated to providing you with all of your lip filler needs. Our team of professionals is experienced at administering lip fillers and can give you the lips and smile of your dreams! Call us today to book an appointment, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 899 Embarcadero Drive, Suite 1, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762. We serve El Dorado Hills CA, Folsom CA, Clarksville CA, Cameron Park CA, Granite Bay CA, Alder Creek CA, and Orangevale CA.